Yes! You read the title right. I’m over grilling and we’re well into Fall. It may be 45 degrees, but that not stopping me. I picked up these amazing portobello mushrooms up at the farmers market yesterday and they are screaming to be fired up on the grill! It’s the second day of National Vegan Month, so I thought I would heat things up a bit.
What’s even more exciting is that I just got a special delivery from the good people at Follow Your Heart. They hooked me up with some amazing vegan cheese alternatives. I thought that Smoked Gouda Style Slices would be perfect for this burger. And it was! It melted perfectly and tasted much like the dairy version. Mmmmmm. I can’t wait to make this again!
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers w/ Vegan Smoked Gouda Style Cheese
Makes 4 burgers
4 large portobello mushrooms
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp organic sugar
4 tbsp liquid aminos
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp dried rosemary
2 tsp steak seasoning
4 Vegan Buns (O’Doughs Thins)
Smoked Gouda Style Slices (Follow Your Heart)
Original Vegenaise (Follow Your Heart)
1. Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
2. Combine marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag.
3. Add mushrooms to a ziplock bag and put in refrigerator for 1 -3 hours.
4. Heat grill to medium heat and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side. Place buns on grill to toast when you flip the mushrooms.
5. Top mushrooms with Smoked Gouda Style Cheese immediately after removing from grill.
6. Top with your favorite burger topping.
*I was given Follow Your Heart in exchange for my honest opinion.