I love soup! It’s so warm and comforting. Like a liquid blanket. Growing up in the Midwest, my mom would make homemade soup during those cold days. My favorite has always been Chicken Soup. Put it with a homemade biscuit and your set! So in honor of National Homemade Soup Day I present to you “Aren’t You Glad Shana Was Here To Make The Chicken Soup?” Enjoy!
Aren’t You Glad Shana Was Here To Make The Chicken Soup
10 cups of water
5-6 chicken drumsticks
4 cloves of garlic chopped (or more if you like garlic)
1 medium onion chopped
1 handful of parsley
2 stalks of fresh rosemary chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped
2 carrots cut into medium slices
1 bag of frozen vegetables of your choice
1 chicken bouillon
1-2 cups noodles/pasta of choice (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Fill large pot with water.
2. Rinse chicken and place in water with onion, celery, carrots, garlic, parsley, and rosemary.
3. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
4. Remove chicken from the pot.
5. Add frozen vegetables and pasta to the pot. Let cook for 10 minutes.
6. Remove chicken from bones. Tear into medium chunks.
7. Add chicken bouillon and chicken to pot and stir until bouillon dissolves
8. Lower heat.