Who doesn’t love a delicious banana split? I know I do! While taking the #RawVeganChallenge, I decided to make a raw vegan version of the classic treat. Instead of ice cream, I used whipped coconut cream, which is a mixture of coconut cream and raw agave. For the toppings, I used some fresh strawberries and walnuts. I also crumbled up some raw vegan brownies on top to elevate it at bit. What’s awesome about this recipe is that it’s totally customizable. I’ve used blueberries, pineapples, mango, pecan, pumpkin seeds, the list is deliciously endless.
Raw Vegan Banana Split
A raw vegan take on the classic banana split, perfect for dessert or breakfast.
- 1 banana
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight.
- 1 tsp raw agave
- 1/4 walnuts, chopped
- 1 raw vegan brownies, crumbled
- To make coconut whipped cream, remove I/4 cup of cream from the top of can. In a small bowl add coconut cream and agave and whip until combined. Set aside.
- Split banana lengthwise. Place on plate.
- Top with whipped coconut cream, followed by strawberries, walnuts and raw vegan brownies. Serve.