*THIS IS A SPONSORED POST*
For the last few months, I’ve been in Ohio visiting my parents. It’s been very cold and very wintery. This morning we woke up to a fresh blanket of snow. (Sarcastic Yay!) Now don’t get me wrong, snow is beautiful. The thing is, I’m not really a fan of shoveling it, walking in it, or driving in it. Driving especially can be dangerous if you are not careful or if your car is not ready for the wintery conditions. I asked my Dad, who has 68 years of living and being in the worst of winter conditions, his top 10 ways to get his vehicle winter ready. Check out his list below! What suggestions would you add?
1. Make sure windshield wiper fluid is full. Fill up windshield wiper reservoir if needed.
2. Install proper winter windshield wipers.
3. Properly check and fill tires, including spare tire.
4. Have an adequate snow scraper in your vehicle.
5. Carry winter safety items, such as: a small shovel, blanket, and emergency lighting(flashlight).
6. Have your car battery checked. Replace if necessary. Check battery often.
7. Check antifreeze.
8. Keep a full tank.
9. Clean and inspect all exterior lights. Make sure they are operating correctly and are clean.
10. Install winter floor mats.
Get more maintenance suggestions at cars.com.