This vegan butter is the star of this most delicious cornbread! Pairs perfectly with a bowl chili!
On this most frigid Wednesday, I thought it was more than fitting to make a big pot of chili. And what makes a bowl of chili even better? A good piece of cornbread! Cornbread is probably my most favorite thing to eat with chili. Now since this month is #NationalVeganMonth, I made this cornbread without any dairy or eggs. For the butter, I used Miyokos Kitchen’s Vegan Cultured Butter. It’s about the closest to traditional butter you will find. The ingredients of this vegan butter include Organic Coconut Oil, Filtered Water, Organic Sunflower Oil, and Organic Cashews. It tastes great and works perfectly for all of your baking needs. Miyoko’s is hands down the best vegan butter I’ve had.
Best Ever Vegan Cornbread
- 6 Tablespoons Miyoko’s Kitchen Cultured Vegan Butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/8 cup non-dairy milk ( I used Califia Farms Probiotic Dairy Free Unsweetened Yogurt)
- 1 alternative egg substitute ( I used The Neat Egg)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven 360 degrees.
2. Place 9 inch cast iron skillet in oven to warm.
3. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, sea salt in large bowl.
4. Combine Miyoko’s Kitchen Cultured Vegan Butter, non-dairy milk or yogurt, applesauce, and alternative egg substitute in a medium bowl.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix.
6. Remove cast iron skillet from oven. Add coconut oil to skillet. Once the oil is melted to liquid form, add cornbread mix to skillet.
7. Place in oven and bake 25-30 minutes.
To find out more about Miyoko’s Kitchen and their products, visit https://miyokos.com.
2 thoughts on “Best Ever Vegan Cornbread”
Love this, looks yummy!