This vegan butter is the star of this most delicious cornbread! Pairs perfectly with a bowl chili!
On this most frigid Wednesday, I thought it was more than fitting to make a big pot of chili. And what makes a bowl of chili even better? A good piece of cornbread! Cornbread is probably my most favorite thing to eat with chili. Now since this month is #NationalVeganMonth, I made this cornbread without any dairy or eggs. For the butter, I used Miyokos Kitchen’s Vegan Cultured Butter. It’s about the closest to traditional butter you will find. The ingredients of this vegan butter include Organic Coconut Oil, Filtered Water, Organic Sunflower Oil, and Organic Cashews. It tastes great and works perfectly for all of your baking needs. Miyoko’s is hands down the best vegan butter I’ve had.
Best Ever Vegan Cornbread
- 6 Tablespoons Miyoko’s Kitchen Cultured Vegan Butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/8 cup non-dairy milk ( I used Califia Farms Probiotic Dairy Free Unsweetened Yogurt)
- 1 alternative egg substitute ( I used The Neat Egg)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven 360 degrees.
2. Place 9 inch cast iron skillet in oven to warm.
3. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, sea salt in large bowl.
4. Combine Miyoko’s Kitchen Cultured Vegan Butter, non-dairy milk or yogurt, applesauce, and alternative egg substitute in a medium bowl.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix.
6. Remove cast iron skillet from oven. Add coconut oil to skillet. Once the oil is melted to liquid form, add cornbread mix to skillet.
7. Place in oven and bake 25-30 minutes.
To find out more about Miyoko’s Kitchen and their products, visit https://miyokos.com.
Don’t you just love when you have a taste for something and you have all the ingredients to make it in your kitchen? That is winning at its best! Well, today I had a taste for some pesto! I have this beautiful basil plant that has grown quite a bit, so I took a bunch leaves from it. They smelled wonderful! I didn’t have as much basil as I hoped so I used a handful of cilantro as well. If you’re not a fan of cilantro, just use double the amount of basil. Either way is tasty.
I also had some Follow Your Heart Dairy Free Parmesan Style Shredded Cheese Alternative that had been dying to use. They were really good and tasted very similar to traditional Parmesan cheese. I was very pleased. These shreds were the perfect addition to this pesto.
I gathered the rest of my ingredients; olive oil, walnuts, garlic, and salt. What I love about this recipe is that you can just throw all of the ingredients into the blender or food processor; blend and you’re done! That’s it! Who’s ready to make pesto?
Very Vegan Basil-Cilantro Pesto
1 cup fresh basil
1 cup fresh cilantro (Use another cup of basil if you’re not a cilantro fan.)
1 cup olive oil
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Parmesan Style Shredded Cheese Alternative
3 garlic cloves (peeled)
1 tsp salt (additional salt and pepper to taste)
Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
Check other vegan cheese alternatives from Follow Your Heart by visiting followyourheart.com.
* I was given Follow Your Heart Parmesan Style Shredded Cheese Alternative in exchange for my honest opinion. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.