When I woke up I thought about all those delicious apples I picked yesterday at Macqueens Orchard. I wanted to start my day with something made with apples. I immediately thought of an Apple Dutch Baby Pancake. They are super easy to make and they’re delicious. They’re also very cool to watch as they bake in the oven. I was missing a couple ingredients so I headed to my local Kroger to grab some milk and eggs. Kroger’s is having a great sale on both so if you’re a baker definitely get by there this week.
So I get back home and mix everything up. Put it in the oven. Slice my apples up and added some extra deliciousness to them and sauté them. 20 minutes later my Dutch Baby Pancake comes out looking absolutely beautiful. I very quickly top it with those delicious apples and dust with powdered sugar.
Pause for a small photoshoot! 📸 📸.
Now it’s time to enjoy and that I did! 😋
Apple Dutch Baby Pancake
For the Pancake:
6 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp butter
Powdered sugar for dusting
2 medium apples, peeled & sliced
1 tbsp butter
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt
1. To make the pancake: Heat oven to 425.
2. Combine eggs, flour, milk, sugar, and cinnamon in bowl and mix with blender.
3. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a 10-inch heavy skillet over medium heat. Once melted and starting to bubble, pour in pancake batter. Put into the oven and bake until puffed and golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Apple Topping: While pancake is baking in oven, melt butter in skillet. Add apples, cinnamon, sugar, salt and lemon to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes until apples are tender.
5. Once the pancake is done, remove from oven. Pile the apples on top. Dust with powdered sugar.