Today is a double treat day! It’s National Peach Ice Cream Day AND National Ice Cream Day.What a delicious day it is. I live in the Peach State so you know I’m making Peach Ice Cream! Recently I visited Community Farmers Market at Ponce City Market to pick up a few things. Guess what I got!!! Peaches!! Yes! I stopped by the Pearson Farm stand to pick up a bag of their delicious peaches. These peaches are the best!
I’ve been kind of plotting on this day for awhile and it’s finally here! And I finally get to use my ice cream maker! This recipe is super easy to make. I promise you won’t buy another carton of ice cream from the store again. It’s that good.
Homemade Fresh Peach Ice Cream 🍑
Makes 2 pints
5 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
1 1/2 organic sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1. Combine peaches, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl. Let set for 30 minutes.
2. With a potato masher, mash peaches. Remove 2 cups of peach mash, with juice, from bowl and place the rest in the refrigerator.
3. Put the two cups of peaches in a blender ( used a Ninja! ) and purée. Add heavy whipping cream and blend again.
4. Place in a stainless steel bowl and and chill in refrigerator until very cold.
5. Churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturing instructions.
6. After churning is complete, mix in remaining peaches. Place in airtight container and put in freezer.
8. Scoop and Enjoy!