Yesterday I took a trip to farmers market courtesy of Sprouts. Their mission: Create my own holiday recipe using fresh, natural, and organic products found the store. I happily accepted this mission! I had several ideas jumped in my head instantly. I am very familiar with Sprouts great selection of products, narrowing down my selection would be the issue. I wanted to do a pie, or maybe a cocktail, maybe after holiday brunch situation. Ahhhhh!!! I couldn’t decide and the decision had to be made soon because I had to be at work by 4:00PM. It was now 11:00AM. Yikes! By the time I had called Uber, I had narrowed it down to three potential recipes. I decided to go with recipe I knew, but could use some revamping. I also wanted to see what options were available at the store before making my final decision.
Upon arrival, I grabbed myself a flyer to see what was on sale. Pineapples 98 cents!! I’m already sidetracked. I’m still getting one though. After walking the store for TWO hours I made a decision. After such deep examination of Sprouts products I have also found that they are even more awesome than I was previously familiar with. Obviously I needed to come visit more often.
With plan in head, I proceeded to gather the ingredients for my Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. And to put some pow wow on it, let’s top them with some Bourbon Whipped Cream. So very quickly I picked up some Sprouts Cream Cheese, Sprouts Ginger Snaps, Sprouts Eggs, Sprouts Organic Canned Pumpkin, and Sprouts Organic Whipped Cream. I also grabbed some Pumpkin Spice by The Spice Hunter, and some bulk pecan halves. With everything I needed plus a little more, I headed to the checkout.
I’m ready! Let’s do this!
Spiced Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Squares Topped with Bourbon Whipped Cream
Preheat Oven 300 degree
20 Sprouts Ginger Snaps
1/2 cup pecans
5 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend (The Spice Hunter)
Pinch of salt
Cream Cheese Filling
4 8 oz packages of Sprouts Cream Cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 Sprouts Natural Cage Free Eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp flour
1 cup Sprouts Organic Canned Pumpkin Purée
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend ( The Spice Hunter)
Bourbon Whipped Cream
1 cup Organic Valley Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
3 tbsp Wholesome Organic Powered Confectioners Sugar
1 tbsp Four Red Roses Bourbon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine all crust ingredient except butter into a food processor. Process to fine crumbs. Add butter. Continue to process until butter in combined.
2. Line baking pan with parchment paper. Allow a few inches to hang over sides. Press crust mixture into baking pan with fingers. Set aside in refrigerator.
3. In a large bowl combine cream cheese and sugar with mixer. Beat on medium until fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla until combined.
5. Take half of mixture and spoon over crust. Spread evenly.
6. With the remaining cream cheese mixture add pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until smooth.
7. Put dollops of the pumpkin mix over mixture in pan.
8. With a butter knife make swirl design by inserting knife and moving it around.
9. Bake in oven for 50 minutes. Remove from oven to cool for an hour. Then put in refrigerator for 3 hours.
10. After completely setting, pull cheesecake out of pan by the edge of the parchment paper sticking out.
11. Cut into squares.
12. To make Bourbon Whipped Cream, whip heavy whipping cream and sugar until it peaks. Then add bourbon and vanilla. Whip until combined.
13. Put a dollop of whipped cream on each pumpkin cheesecake square.
Thank you sprout for this delicious opportunity to bake with some of your awesome products!
Sprouts would like for you to win a $50 gift card! Enter the giveaway by commenting below your favorite way to #PassTheJoy! Winner announced Saturday!!!