* This post is in partnership with Ohio. Find It Here.
Summer in Ohio means warmer temperatures and enjoying outdoor activities. We’ve only got a few precious months of long days to enjoy, so we definitely want to make the most of it! I partnered with Ohio. Find It Here. and put together the ultimate Summer In Ohio Bucket List for you to add to your list. Let’s have an amazing summer!
1. Go Camping. Spend the night under the stars at one of 9 parks in the MetroParks Toledo system. Choose your camping experience from primitive campgrounds, to quaint cottage accommodations. If glamping is your thing, book a stay at The Cannaley Treehouse Village, the largest public overnight treehouse site in the country.
2. Enjoy the gardens and trails at Toledo Botanical Gardens, Schedel Gardens or Cox Arboretum Metroparks.
3. Hop on the 419 Ale Trail. Find your new favorite porter, stout, ale or seasonal brew with your friends along the 419 Ale Trail. Visit all 35 stops and earn cool prizes along the way.
4. Take a Cruise On Lake Erie on the new Glass City Pearl. Booking options include cruises to Put-In-Bay, Harbor Lighthouse, and the remains of The Turtle Island Lighthouse, as well as a Musical Dinner Cruise and a Taco Tuesday Dinner Cruise.
5. Spend a day at the Ohio State Fair. Since 1850 the Ohio State Fair has been a family tradition. This year the fair is back better than ever! Spend the day eating delicious fair food, enjoying amazing entertainment, and riding more than 50 exhilarating rides. The Ohio’s State Fair will be hosted July 27-August 7, 2022.
6. Chase thrills at Cedar Point or Kings Island
7. Go fruit picking. There is nothing like picking your own fruit on a beautiful day. Visit Johnston Fruit Farm in Swanton, Ohio to pick your own strawberries, raspberries, black raspberries, and blueberries. Stop by their store to shop local honey, maple syrup, popcorn, and donuts.
8. Book a hotel downtown and be a tourist in your own city. Downtown Toledo has so much to offer. There’s a multitude of local eateries and coffee shops to grab a bite to eat at. Catch a Mudhens game. Walk the trails at Middleground Park. Find the perfect at one of the local shops in downtown Toledo. Book a stay at the brand new Hilton Garden Inn and start exploring!
9. Tour Ohio Wineries. Visit all 13 of the wineries along Northwest Ohio’s Vino Wine Trail.
10. Drink a Toledo distilled liquor at Toledo Spirits. While you’re there, explore the new summer menu at Bellwether.
11. Visit a museum. Explore the galleries at the Toledo Museum of Art, the 617-foot iron ore freighter Col. James M. Schoonmaker Museum Ship at the National Museum of the Great Lakes, or the reconstructed fort and War of 1812 museum at Fort Meigs.
12. Catch an outdoor concert in downtown Toledo. This year’s Promedia Live Summer Concert Series lineup includes artists from a wide range of genres. Enjoy George Clinton, Pat Benatar, Craig Morgan, Coolio, Kid N Play, Rob Base, Color Me Badd, Montel Jordan, Justin Moore, KC & The Sunshine Band, and Patti Labelle all on the riverfront this summer.
13. Eat the best pastries in Toledo. Visit the Dollop Shop for an amazing selection of cakes, cheesecakes, and macarons. For cookies and pie and brownie fans, head to Jera’s Heavenly Sweets.
14. Attend an Ohio County Fair. County fair season is in full swing and there are plenty to enjoy!
Ottawa County Fair: July 18-24
Seneca County Fair: July 24-31
Defiance County Fair: Aug. 20-27
Sandusky County Fair: Aug. 22-28
Hancock County Fair: Aug. 31- Sept. 5
Williams County Fair: Sept. 10-15
Wyandot County Fair: Sept. 12-17
15. Visit every ice cream shop in the 419.
16. Go on a Safari Adventure. Head to Port Clinton, Ohio and visit African Safari Wildlife Park, drive-thru safari. You’ll have the unique opportunity to feed an American Bison, Elks, Fallow Deer, Giraffes, and a Scottish Highland Cow just to name a few.
17. Visit a lavender farm. Pemberville, Ohio is the home of Luckey Road Lavender Farm. Here you’ll have the opportunity to pick your own lavender in the most serene surroundings.
18. Go bird watching. Toledo is the top 3 birding spots in the US, boasting sites of almost 400 species. Visit your nearest MetroPark to learn about the amazing diversity of birds in Northwest Ohio.
19. Go to the opera. This season the Toledo Opera has some amazing shows coming including Blue, named the Best New Opera of 2022 by the Music Critics Association of North America. It’s a must see show!
20. Attend Toledo Jeep Fest. The 5th Annual Jeep Fest is back this August with a lot of new additions. Don’t miss it!
21. Visit Butler County, Ohio and complete the Butler County Donut Trail. Visit 13 mom-and-pop donut shops with your passport in hand, and earn a sweet T-shirt reward!
I’m so excited for all of the fun and adventure this summer will surely have! What are you most excited about doing this summer? Is there something I missed on this list? Tell me what’s on your Ohio bucket list by commenting below.
2 thoughts on “SUMMER IN OHIO | Toledo Summer Bucket List 2022”
Enjoyed looking through your blog! Might I recommend Frick’s pumpkin patch in Oregon OH? Especially for this time of year. Great homemade donuts too!
Thank You! I’ll check out Frick’s! Thanks for the recommendation!